Concrete NZ Precast represents about 30 precast concrete companies with operations nationwide accounting for around 80% of the factory produced precast concrete in New Zealand.
Concrete NZ Precast and its members are supported by a growing number of Associate Members who have an involvement or interest in the precast concrete industry.
Precast New Zealand Inc, an incorporated society, was formed on 17 June 1999 (A/K 966 454). After 20 years Precast NZ was wound up following consolidation to become Concrete NZ Precast Sector Group.
For Concrete NZ Precast to be recognised as the voice of the off-site precast industry while making precast concrete the first-choice construction material.
- To promote, aid, foster, research, develop and protect the interests of the precast concrete industry within New Zealand and in particular ongoing manufacture and delivery of precast concrete for sale to third parties in the open market from an off construction site static plant.
- To exchange with other persons and organisations within New Zealand and offshore, information on precast concrete.
- To provide a central organisation, through which Members may co-ordinate their efforts in handling problems of common concern.
- To provide the support necessary to establish employee trade training to ensure that the precast industry skills and standards are maintained and are recognised by the construction industry through the quality of the products manufactured.
- To represent and act for the industry before all divisions of Government, and public and private organisations where appropriate.
- To publicise the aims and objects of Concrete NZ Precast.
- To represent the interests of the precast industry through the development and delivery of building codes acceptable to the industry.
- Through the Executive, to establish standards which are to be required of Members of Concrete NZ Precast and to establish a system of compliance.